terms and conditions
latticetreestudio.com is property of Lattice Tree Studio, LLC. Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us”, “our”, "I", "my", “Lattice Tree Studio” refer to Lattice Tree Studio, LLC. Lattice Tree Studio, LLC offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here. By visiting our site and/ or purchasing something from us, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”, “Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. These Terms of Service apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services. If these Terms of Service are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms of Service.
Any new features or tools which are added to the current store shall also be subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
Our store uses Squarespace, which provides us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
1. YOUR USE OF OUR SITE
By agreeing to these Terms of Service, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence.
You may not use our products for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
Our site or any of our designs on our site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, reverse-engineered or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without our prior written authorization. We reserve the right to alter or discontinue our site, in whole or in part, at any time in our sole discretion.
You may not use, reproduce, distribute, modify, transmit or publicly display any portion of our site and/or our designs, or create derivative works of any portion our site and/or our designs without our written consent. While using our site and our services, you agree not to:
- Transmit any worms, viruses, defects, trojan horses or any code of a destructive nature through our site or through an email communication with us.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
- Upload to, display on, or transmit through our site or via email communication with us, (a) any material that is unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, malicious, obscene or otherwise objectionable, or infringes our or any third party's intellectual property or other rights; (b) any confidential, proprietary or trade secret information of any third party; (c) any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or other unsolicited commercial communication (except as otherwise expressly permitted by us); (d) photography which displays any nudity including inappropriate child nudity; (e) photographs of people who have not given permission for their photographs to be uploaded to our site; (f) photography or graphics that display any violence or illegal activity.
- Upload any content which you do not have exclusive rights to.
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the rights of others.
- Impersonate any person or entity or use any fraudulent, misleading or inaccurate email address or other contact information.
- Engage in spamming.
- Modify, adapt, or disassemble any portion of our site.
A breach or violation of any of the Terms will result in an immediate termination of your Services.
Your Member Account Registration is required prior to placing any orders on our site. Certain personal information may be required during the registration process. We may use that information, including your email address and mailing address, to contact you regarding products and services on our site for which you have paid for or expressed interest.
The nature of services provided requires customers to provide personal information including photographs, addresses, contact information, and/or dates of personal events. This information is only available to the registered user that submitted the information, and Lattice Tree Studio employees and printing partners. Your personal information is not publicly available.
You may create a member account with our site by registering your name, providing certain information about yourself, and creating a password. You agree that you will provide complete, current and accurate information about yourself as requested, and that you will keep that information up to date. You are responsible for safeguarding the confidentiality of your username and password that you use to access your member account on our site. You agree not to disclose your username or password to any third party. YOU AGREE THAT YOU ARE SOLELY AND FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTIVITIES OR ACTIONS TAKEN UNDER YOUR ACCOUNT, WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE AUTHORIZED SUCH ACTIVITIES OR ACTIONS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU FORGET TO LOG OUT OF YOUR ACCOUNT, OR IF YOU FAIL TO SECURE YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD. You will immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account on any of our site.
In order to create a member account with our site, you must be at least 18 years of age. You represent to us that you are at least 18 years old. If you are not, please do not set up an account with our site.
Our site is not intended for children, and we will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children. If we become aware that a subscriber is under the age of 13, we will remove their personally identifiable information from our files.
Use of Information We use your personal information to fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our website and services, customize advertising and content you see, and to contact you for service or marketing related purposes. We use anonymous information, such as web pages viewed, to analyze trends, provide a better website experience and to gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Any information you contribute to public areas of our website, including information about yourself and any other suggestions or comments, is publicity available, can be collected and used by others, and may appear on third-party sites. Once you have posted such information, you will not be able to edit or delete such information.
Information Sharing and Disclosure Lattice Tree Studio will not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services that you have requested, or unless we have otherwise obtained your permission. We may share personal information as needed with trusted contractors, vendors and partners who work with or on our behalf under confidentiality agreements. These third parties do not have any independent right to share this information.
Security We use a secure server (SSL) to encrypt all of your credit card and payment information, and we have other safeguards in place to protect the security and confidentiality of the personal information we have collected.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers. All information that you provide to us or our third party payment processor must be accurate, current and complete. YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT TO USE ANY CREDIT CARD(S) OR OTHER PAYMENT MEANS USED TO INITIATE ANY TRANSACTION. You agree to pay all charges incurred by you or any users of your account and credit card (or other applicable payment mechanism) at the prices in effect when such charges are incurred. You will also be responsible for paying any applicable taxes relating to your purchases. Verification of information applicable to a purchase may be required prior to our acceptance of any order.
3. OUR PRODUCTS
Descriptions, images, references, features, content, specifications, products, price and availability of any products or services are subject to change without notice, and our current prices can be found on our site. All prices are in U.S. dollars.
By placing an order, you represent that the products ordered will be used only in a lawful manner. We reserve the right, with or without prior notice, to limit the available quantity of or discontinue any product or service; to honor, or impose conditions on the honoring of, any coupon, coupon code, promotional code or other similar promotions; to bar any user from making any or all purchase(s); and/or to refuse to provide any user with any product or service.
Title and risk of loss for any purchases pass to you upon our delivery to our carrier.
Proofs Many of our products require proof approval before they will be printed. If one of your purchased products requires a proof to be approved before being printed, we will email you the proof via the email you provided. The proof must be signed and approved before your product can be printed. Once you have signed the proof, we will not be held responsible, for any formatting, graphical, and/or grammatical errors. Please note that once your proof is approved and signed, it goes directly to our printer and cannot be altered. If changes need to be made after you have approved a proof, you will be responsible for purchasing the product again.
Color Representations We make reasonable efforts to accurately display the attributes of our products, including the applicable colors; however, the actual color you see will depend on your computer system, and we cannot guarantee that your computer will accurately display such colors.
Our Designs Any names of persons used in our designs (such as wedding invitations) are fictitious and are placeholders only. Any names of places used in our sample designs are also used for placement only and we are not promoting or have any tie to the place/venue named. Any URLs that are displayed on our design templates are also fictitious and are placeholders.
4. CUSTOM DESIGN SERVICE
Our Custom Design Service is subject to all of our site’s Terms of Service as well as a Custom Design Contract that must be agreed to by the Client prior to receiving our Custom Design Services. This contract will be provided to the Client prior to starting work on the Custom Design Product.
5. THIRD-PARTY SITES, SOFTWARE AND SERVICES
- Our site may direct you to sites, software or services owned or operated by third parties. We have not reviewed all of the third party properties to which you may be directed and we have no control over and are not responsible such third party properties, including its content and/or privacy.
- Other sites may provide links to our site with or without our authorization. We do not endorse such sites, and are not and will not be responsible or liable for any links from those sites to our site, including any content, advertising, products or other materials available on or through such other sites, or any loss or damages incurred in connection therewith.
- YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIRD PARTY SITES, SOFTWARE AND SERVICES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, DATA, ADVERTISING, PRODUCTS, OR OTHER MATERIALS ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH SUCH SITES, SOFTWARE AND SERVICES, IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND IS SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE APPLICABLE TO SUCH SITES, SOFTWARE AND SERVICES.
6. MATERIALS SUBMITTED BY CUSTOMER
Any materials submitted by customer via upload to our site, through your member account, or via email communication (including photographs, images, text, graphics, and other materials) are subject to the following terms:
- You represent and warrant that you possess any and all necessary rights to your submitted materials, and that you have permission to submit those materials to us. You consent to the use of your submitted materials, and have received the consent of any person or persons which may be pictured in your submitted materials. If any person depicted in your submitted materials is under the age of 18, you warrant that you have obtained written consent, release and/or permission from such individual's parent or guardian (and you agree to provide to us a copy of any such consents, releases and/or permissions upon our request). If you do submit a submission that contains the likeness of an identifiable individual under the age of eighteen (18), we strongly encourage you not to include any identifying information (such as the individual's name or address) with such user submitted materials.
- You will retain ownership of your submitted materials, and you grant us and our designers a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, perpetual irrevocable right and license to use and create derivative works of user submitted materials solely in connection with the production of the product you request. For example, if you submit a photograph to be used in a Save the Date card, we will format your photograph to be used in your card.
- Please note that many of our products are customizable, and if you submit content to be used in such products, you only retain ownership of your submitted materials, not to the final product itself. Any template and/or design that your submitted material is arranged in, is not proprietary to you, and the rights to such templates and/or design remain with us.
- Your submitted materials may not depict any violence, illegal acts, or inappropriate acts such as adult nudity and inappropriate child nudity.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, neither we nor any of our employees, or contractors shall be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary or punitive damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business, profits, use or data), whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence and strict liability) or any other legal theory, even if the Lattice Tree Studio parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages, arising out of or relating in any way to our provision of (or failure to provide) products or services, or from unauthorized access to or alteration of your submissions or data, even if a remedy set forth herein is found to have failed its essential purpose. You specifically acknowledge that Lattice Tree Studio is not liable for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of other users or third parties and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with you. Furthermore, Lattice Tree Studio will have no liability to you or to any third party for any third-party content uploaded. Your sole and exclusive remedy for dissatisfaction with products and services is to stop using the services or request a reprint (subject to Section 12 of these Terms). To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, the maximum liability of Lattice Tree Studio arising out of or relating in any way to our provision of (or failure to provide) products or services shall be the actual price paid therefore by you. Note: certain jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or certain other types of damages, so some of the above exclusions or limitations may not apply to you.
Envelopes Our envelope products should be sealed using a lightly moistened cloth, paper towel, tissue, or a similar product. We cannot be held liable for any damage or personal injury arising from the improper sealing of our envelopes.
Our products We will not be held liable for any damage or personal injury arising out of the improper use of our products. Because a lot of our products include wedding invitations, which require the purchaser to mail out individually after receiving the invitations from us, we cannot be held liable for any damage to the invitations and stationery that arise once the purchaser mails each individual invitation.
8. U.S. BASED SERVICE
Our center of operation is in the United States, in the state of Maryland. If you are accessing our site from any jurisdiction with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that differ from applicable United States law, then you consent via your continued use of our service to transferring your personal information into the United States.
9. SALES TAX
We are not required to collect sales tax on any orders shipping outside the state of Maryland. All orders shipping within the state of Maryland are subject to the 6% sales tax.
We currently ship all orders either with FedEx Ground or USPS to our US customers. All international orders are shipped using USPS. We are not responsible for any customs fees or duties incurred on international shipments, as these are the responsibility of the purchaser. Lattice Tree Studio is not liable for any shipping delays due to weather, customs inspections, and/or errors on behalf of the shipping carrier. All orders over $500 will require a signature upon delivery to receive your items. Title and risk of loss for any purchases pass to you upon our delivery to our carrier. If your items are damaged upon delivery, you must notify us within 48 hours with proof of damage.
11. ORDER PRODUCTION TIME
Typically, our orders take about 3 business days to email initial digital proofs and 6-10 business to print after proof approval. Production may be delayed if you have not approved any proofs in a timely manner. Shipping usually takes 3-5 business days.
We are unable to process returns as our products are customizable and made to order. However, if we have made an error on our part while processing or printing your cards (any grammatical, textual, visual errors that were signed off by you during final proof approval are not eligible for reprinting), we will gladly reprint the cards at no additional cost to you.
If you have questions about our return policy, please contact us.
You are only able to cancel your order within the first 24 hours after the order is placed. We recommend that you contact us immediately.